We have started to roll out as number of Trend Worry-Free Business Security installations in the last week or so and have run in to the same problem each time. Each of the installations have been to Microsoft Small Business Server 2008 servers and what actually happens is that the WFBS management console installs onto Microsoft IIS by default, when you try to access the console you sometimes get a password prompt. After entering the password you are just left with a blank page, other times you don’t get the password prompt at all. If you do get this then follow the steps below as this has fixed out problem each time:
- First open Internet Information Service Manager on the server and check that the website “OfficeScan” exists. Now close the Internet Information Service Manager.
- Now open a command prompt and change to the “Trend MicroSecurity ServerPCCSRV” folder
- Now type “svrsvcsetup.exe -uninstall” and wait for this to complete, it could take a number of minutes.
- Now open Internet Information Service Manager on the server and check that the website “OfficeScan” no longer exists. Now close the Internet Information Service Manager.
- Now type the following commands pressing enter after each one:
- svrsvcsetup -install
- svrsvcsetup -setvirdir
- svrsvcsetup -setprivilege
- svrsvcsetup -enablessl
- Now restart the following services using the Services Applet:
- Trend Micro Security Server Master Service
- IIS Admin Service
- World Wide Web Publishing Service
Now if you try to access the console you should be able to log on to the console successfully.
This worked for us each time, so I hope it’ll work for others too.